This drink, which I've termed the "Anti-F*ck It Drink" is famous among my closest friends. Despite spartan-like will power and excellent progress in life/the gym/training, we all have days where we just want to "f*ck it", throw in the towel for at least a few hours, and eat (insert your food of choice). I created the "Anti-F*ck It Drink" out of necessity, while in the depths of show prep. Make yourself one (or more) of these, and you may just save yourself!
1. Use homemade iced tea (herbal tea of your choice, brewed then refrigerated)
2. A bunch of ice cubes
3. 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (found to assist digestion and fat loss)
4. 1-3 scoops of EXOS Branched Chain Amino Acids (more scoops = more flavor)
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder (Beverly International UMP is fabulous)
- 1/2 cup of pureed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (or you can just combine cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice)
Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp soy-sauce
- 1/2 cup shelled frozen peas
- 12 oz cooked shrimp
- 2 cups brown rice*
1. Heat oil in a saute pan or wok. Add garlic, mushrooms, carrots and onions and saute 5 minutes, until onions wilt slightly. Stir in chicken broth and soy sauce.
2. Bring to a simmer and stir in peas and shrimp. Cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
*Use if you are lean, and post-training. If you have fat to lose and haven’t worked out, use extra vegetables instead.
- 1/2 lb fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 strip bacon (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme (or 1/4 tsp dried)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Finely shred 1/2 lb fresh Brussels sprouts with the slicing blade of a food processor, mandoline, or knife. In a large nonstick skillet, cook 2 tsp olive oil and 1 strip bacon (chopped) over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped onion and saute for 4 minutes. Stir in shredded Brussels sprouts and saute for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme (or 1/4 tsp dried) and season with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper. Makes 2 servings.
- 2 oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 8 oz whole baby carrots
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups brown rice (for post-training meals)
1. Slice sun-dried tomatoes and place in the bottom of a slow cooker along with the onion, carrots, celery, and seasonings.
2. Place the chicken breasts on top of the vegetables and pour the chicken broth over top.
3. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked and carrots are tender. Serve with rice if you have trained, if not, serve with vegetables.
- 10 oz. chicken breast
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and cubed into 1/4 inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, minced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 8 oz plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups fresh salad greens
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
Place first seven ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Scoop about 3/4 cup of chicken-mango mixture atop 1 cup of salad greens; top each serving with 1 tsp crushed peanuts.
Nutrition Facts: 246 calories, 22g protein, 16g CHO, 11g fat