The following recipe makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 (6oz.) Salmon fillets
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
Whisk peanut butter, hoisin sauce, onion, vinegar, water and garlic in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes, stirring often. Heat grill. Spray both sides of salmon fillets with no-stick cooking spray; season with salt and pepper. Grill to preferred doneness, taking care not to overcook. Top each fillet with warm peanut hoisin sauce and sprinkle with sliced green onions just before serving.
- 5oz turkey breast
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin oil
- Splash of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp hummus
1. Combine first 6 ingredients on a plate.
2. Drizzle salad with oil and lemon juice
3. On the side, enjoy with hummus
- 1/2 cup feta-cheese
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 5-oz chicken breasts
- Black Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425F. In a small bowl, mix feta and pine nuts.
2. Place chicken on heavy-duty foil and top with feta and nut mixture. Fold edges of foil so they meet and cover chicken breasts. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Add pepper to taste.
Nutrients per serving: Calories 258, Total fats 11g, Saturated Fat 3g, CHO 2g, Protein 39g.
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz poached chicken breast, chopped
- 2 whole roasted red pepper
1. In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, garlic and chopped chicken. Stir until mixed.
2. Hold the pepper with the opening facing upward. Distribute cottage cheese mixture evenly between the peppers. Can serve cold or warm in microwave for 45 seconds.
To poach chicken: boil enough water so chicken is submerged. Lower heat and simmer, covering for 10 to 15 minutes. Cut chicken in middle and it’s finished if there isn’t any pink remaining.
Nutrients per serving: Calories 171, CHO 9g, Protein 31g.
- 1 lb tilapia filets
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Pinch of Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. Pat the tilapia filets dry with a paper towel and place on the baking sheet. Dust them both sides with chili powder. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
3. While the fish is baking, place the tomato, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, garlic, lime juice and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Stir gently to combine.
4. Serve vegetable mix on top of tilapia filets and enjoy!
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup egg whites
- 1 to 2 whole eggs
- 2 tsp water
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp real, full fat cheese, grated
- Black pepper to taste
1. Pour olive oil into small nonstick skillet over medium heat (can also use coconut oil). Add peppers and onion. Saute for 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
2. Place a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high and spray lightly with olive oil or coconut oil spray. Whisk egg whites, water and oregano for 12-15 seconds until frothy, then immediately pour into pan. Cover and cook for one minute.
3. Remove lid, spread sauteed veggies and cheese over half of egg mixture, then gently fold the other side over to form a half moon. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for one minute until cheese is melted. Serve immediately with a sprinkling of black pepper.