Tex Mex Egg White Omelet
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup egg whites
- 1 to 2 whole eggs
- 2 tsp water
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp real, full fat cheese, grated
- Black pepper to taste
1. Pour olive oil into small nonstick skillet over medium heat (can also use coconut oil). Add peppers and onion. Saute for 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
2. Place a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high and spray lightly with olive oil or coconut oil spray. Whisk egg whites, water and oregano for 12-15 seconds until frothy, then immediately pour into pan. Cover and cook for one minute.
3. Remove lid, spread sauteed veggies and cheese over half of egg mixture, then gently fold the other side over to form a half moon. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for one minute until cheese is melted. Serve immediately with a sprinkling of black pepper.